About Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME) is a top rated Business School in India. It has fully residential campuses, one located in Bangalore, one in Kochi and one in Chennai. The Institute pioneered the Association of BRICS Business Schools (ABBS, estd 2008) which is a platform for management education in Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Established in June 1991, XIME is the result of the vision of Prof. J. Philip, Former Director of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, and seven other illustrious academicians and public-spirited men and women.
- All fields marked with * are to be filled mandatorily.
- Application Fee is Rs. 1498/- for ‘early applicants’ (on or before 31st December 2017) and Rs 1797 (1500 + 18% GST + 1.5% PG Charges) /-for others.
Application Fee Breakup : Application Fee : Rs. 1500 GST - 18% : Rs. 270 PG Charges - 1.5% : Rs. 27 Total (* Rounded to the nearest upper value) : Rs. 1797
- Please keep the following self-attested scanned documents ready to upload with your application form:
- Photocopies of mark sheets and certificates.
- Passport sized photograph.
- Aadhar Card / Passport / Driving License for proof of your identity and address.
- An Application number will be displayed, once you successfully submit the online form by making payment.
- Quote this Application number on any communication with us.
PGDM at XIME
- Flagship programme of XIME.
- AICTE approved two year, full-time, residential programme.
- Annual intake of 180 students at Bangalore and 120 students each in Kochi and Chennai.
- Trimester system followed.
- Foundation courses in management covered in the first year.
- Electives, core courses, environmental and integrative courses covered in the second year.
- SUPA - Socially Useful and Productive Activity is a mandatory Internship to help students understand management Issues of NGOs and provides excellent exposure for appreciation of social issues.
- Contemporary Curriculum - Curriculum is reviewed and updated every two to three years in consultation with Industry leaders, alumni, students and faculty.
- Enables global outlook and promotes spirit of Entrepreneurship.
- Inculcates human values and societal orientation.
- Develop soft skills like leadership, Interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Compulsory exposure to a foreign language (among German, French, Spanish, and Chinese).
- On the Job' training through corporate internship.
- Develop the student's analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Inculcate a positive and ethical outlook in the students.
- Strengthen the student's communication skills.
- Emphasize on holistic development of each individual.
- Develop a global orientation.
The First Year of the course starts with a coverage of Foundation Subjects which impart to the students a sound knowledge of the essential functional areas of business.
In the Second Year, the emphasis shifts to elective courses, which are designed to give the students as wide a choice as possible, to specialize in areas of their interest and acquire advanced knowledge and skills.
The programme rounds off with a strong emphasis on integrative and value-oriented courses such as Business Policy, Business Ethics and Environmental Issues so as to make the student not only a competent manager, but also a socially responsible citizen. Considering the phenomenal growth and importance of IT industry, current topics related to IT are included in the programme.
Scholarships and Tution Fee Waiver Scheme
- The institute offers Full/Part Tuition Fee Waiver for Meritorious students, in addition to the need-based scholarships (for 32 students)
- The institute offers upto 1,00,000 of scholarship to deserving meritorious students
There are multiple awards presented to meritorious students every year. A partial list is given below:
- Triune Company Gold Medal for the Best All Round Performer in the OutgoingPGDM Batch, Bangalore
- George Thomas Kottukapally Memorial Gold Medal for the Best All-Round Performer in the outgoingPGDM Batch, Kochi
- The Chairman’s Gold Medal for the student scoring the highest CGPA in the Outgoing PGDM Batch
- Archbishop Alphonsus Mathias award of Rs. 10,000 for Humanitarian Spirit and Service
- Mphasis Excellence award of Rs.10,000 for the best out going HR Student
- Dell Excellence award of Rs. 10,000 for the best outgoing Marketing Student
- Institute’s Merit Award of Rs. 50,000 to the student who scores the highest CGPA in the First Year
- Anshul Choudhary Memorial Award of Rs. 10,000 for the most musically talented student/s
- Maria Philip Memorial Award of Rs. 10,000 to the Best Speaker of the Institute.
- Chairman’s Scholarship Award of Rs. 1,00,000 to a meritorious student
- Barrister M.K. Nambiar Memorial Scholarship of Rs. 1,00,000 to a meritorious student
- Late Prof. J.D. Cherayil Memorial Scholarship Award of Rs. 1,00,000 to a meritorious student
- Prof. J. Philip Scholarship Award of Rs. 1,00,000 to a meritorious student